Keriann Roman is a member of the Trial Services Group and Municipal Group. As a member of the Trial Services Group, she practices in all areas of civil litigation, including appeals. Keriann has argued before the N.H. Supreme Court, conducted trials and argued numerous motions before the state trial courts, and has appeared before the First Circuit. She has also appeared before administrative boards in New Hampshire and Maine, including the New Hampshire Board of Tax and Land Appeals, the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission and the Maine Human Rights Commission.
Uniquely familiar with litigation practice given her previous clerking experience, Keriann has twice lectured on discovery practice to a national audience and has co-authored a chapter on Discovery Motions in the MCLE publication "A Practical Guide to Discovery and Depositions in New Hampshire."
As member of the Municipal Group, Keriann has worked with numerous municipalities on a variety of issues, including land use matters, municipal finance, tax abatements, town warrants, and employment matters, among others. She has lectured throughout New Hampshire to municipal boards and officials on land use matters and wrote an accompanying booklet titled “Innovative Land Use Controls: Amending Your Zoning Ordinance.”
Keriann also represents individuals and entities before municipal boards, whether it is for site plan or subdivision applications, variance requests, or requested zoning changes, among other matters.
Before entering private practice, Keriann clerked for Senior District Judge Joseph DiClerico, Jr. at the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire and for the Honorable Gary E. Hicks at the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.S., cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association Networking Committee, Member
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association, Past Board Member
- New Hampshire Attorney Discipline Office Complaint Screening Committee, Member
- Maine State Bar Association
- New Hampshire Attorney Discipline Office
Complaint Screening Committee
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Rye Planning Board, Rye, New Hampshire
Chair, Rules and Regulations Committee
- Rye Recreation Commission, Rye, New Hampshire
- New Heights – Adventures for Teens, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Board Member (2008-2010)
- St. Paddy’s 5-Miler Road Race Fundraiser, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Committee Member, (2012)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014)
- “Innovative Land Use Controls: Re-examining Your Zoning Ordinance,” Co-author and Co-presenter, LGC Municipal Law Lecture Series (Fall 2012)
- “Navigating the Development and Subdivision Permitting Process", NH Business Review (August 2012)
- "An Interview with the Honorable Gary E. Hicks, Recipient of this Year’s Philip S. Hollman Gender Equality Award," New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association Newsletter (February 2012)
- "Supreme Court At-a-Glance," New Hampshire Bar Journal (April 2011)
- Co-author, "Motion Practice," A Practical Guide to Discovery and Depositions in New Hampshire (MCLE 2010)
Mastering Discovery, Objections, Motions to Compel & Evidence
Presenter, Rossdale CLE, May 2012
Mastering Depositions, Interrogatories, Document Requests, & Admissions
Presenter, Rosedale CLE, March 2012