Ron Ward has specific expertise in all aspects of real estate law, commercial leasing, secured transactions (representing both lenders and borrowers), administrative and environmental law, particularly local, state and Federal permitting. Currently, his practice focuses upon the development and financing of complex, commercial developments and major residential developments.
Ron’s contributions to the Greater Portland community include a variety of civic and charitable positions including former Vice President and former President of the Portland Community Chamber, Chairman of the City Affairs Committee of the Greater Portland Community Chamber and various task forces charged with analyzing specific issues confronting Greater Portland. His continuing work was honored by the Maine Real Estate Development Association with its 2004 Public Policy Award. Ron is listed in the category of Real Estate Law in Best Lawyers in America, a guide to the leading lawyers in the country, and is also listed in New England Super Lawyers.
- University of Maine School of Law, Law Review, J.D., 1977
- Bates College, B.A., 1971
Bar & Court Admissions
- Maine State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Portland Community Chamber City Affairs Committee
- Portland’s Downtown District
Former Board Member and Past President
- Various City Task Forces on Greater Portland issues
- Best Lawyers, Real Estate Law (2007)
- Super Lawyers-Real Estate, Administrative Law (2007-2010)
- MEREDA Public Policy Award (2004)
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating